William Brown died after the e-cigarette he was using exploded

A man died in Texas after his e-cigarette exploded and tore his carotid artery.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office says that William Brown died in a Fort Worth hospital on January 29.

It was reported that the explosion happened on January 27, in the parking lot of a store that sells smoking and vaping supplies. The manager of Smoke and Vape DZ said he called  an ambulance after the explosion.

Brown was delivered to the hospital and was put into a medical-induced coma. Later the x-rays showed that part of the e-cigarette was lodged in his throat.

“That went across his lip, apparently somehow, and cut his lip,” said Brown’s grandmother. “That three-piece thing went into his throat and stayed there,” she added.

E-cigarettes and vape pens are battery-operated devices that heat a liquid to create an aerosol.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here